Benefits of Warming
Maintaining normothermia has been shown in more than 100 scientific papers to reduce the risk of complications and costs associated with unintended hypothermia. With one simple step, you can make a big difference.
The Benefits of Normothermia:1
- Reduction in the rate of postoperative wound infections
- Decreased likelihood of postoperative myocardial infarction
- Decreased ICU time
- Shortened hospital length of stay
- Lowered mortality rates
- Reduction in the use of blood products
- Decreased need for mechanical ventilation
- Reduced probability of needing a transfusion
- Potential savings of $2,500 to $7,000 per patient
- Thermal comfort
Other reasons patients are warmed are to help reduce anxiety and increase patient comfort, both of which can lead to better surgical outcomes and higher patient satisfaction.